2.The look of your international B2B website
There are also a few important points to consider when it comes to the layout of your international B2B website. The different cultures in the target countries make specific adjustments necessary. The customer must be able to find their way around your homepage and feel comfortable in order to convert. Simply copying the look of your international website is not a solution. So keep the following things in mind:
- Check whether texts in the target country are read from left to right or from right to left.
- Adjust the navigation menu etc. accordingly.
- Make sure to keep the metadata of images etc. in the target language.
- Note the different notation for the date format, e.g. 03.07.15 or 15-07-03 or 03/07/15.
- Adjust the website locally, e.g. with pictures of local contact persons or local product pictures.
Colors are a special aspect of the layout design of your international B2B website. In the numerous cultures, different colors are sometimes assigned very different meanings. The wrong or correct color can address the customer positively or be frightened. The color red in our culture often stands for “stop” or “danger”, while in China it means “happiness” and while we associate yellow with “envy”, it means “misfortune” for people in Russia and for potential people Customers in China “honor”. There are similar notable differences for the color white, which customers in Western Europe mostly associate with “purity” and “innocence”, but in Asia and the Orient it stands for “sadness”. Informing yourself beforehand is particularly important here!